Saturday, October 11, 2008

Rob's Parents are here....

They arrived this morning and one of the first things Sue said to me is "I will watch Samuel and you can update your blog this week!" She is not the only one who has commented on my lack of blogging.

Friends from college who live far away emailing to tell me how much they loved it when I used to blog......my brother in law who has said he is going to remove me from his blogroll if I don't post soon.....co-workers of Rob's at Mars Hill who have missed seeing new pictures of Samuel.

I have lots of posts in my head, they just haven't quite made it to my blog.

And so this post is a "teaser" to say look forward to me blogging and posting pictures in this upcoming week!!

Actually tomorrow is an extremely important day. One year ago tomorrow (10/12/07), we left Guatemala with Samuel in our arms...and we arrived in Seattle. It has gone by so quickly and yet, I can not remember life without him.

More reflections to come.

And oh, here is a more recent picture of Samuel.

love
melanie

2 comments:

Ted said...

Yes! Now you can stay on the blogroll for another month :) Looking forward to more from you here.

Holli said...

Melanie,
I've been checking your blog from time to time and decided you must be very busy. I'm glad you are back "on" and I look forward to hearing what is going on in your lives and seeing pics of little Samuel. As you know (from my email) we leave Guatemala on Oct. 23 with both girls! That after living here 9 LONG months. Yippee!!