Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Old as dirt

Here is an excerpt of an email I received from my sister in law Karen yesterday.

"Brennan wanted to know whose birthday is the closest to Christmas. I said Aunt Melanie and then he said, "That's right. Do you want to know why?" Always a loaded question, but I went for it and asked why. "Because the earth was made and and Aunt Melanie was born and then right away she had a birthday and was two months old." I'm sorry that you just became as old as the earth."

Karen did go on to interpret that probably Brennan was thinking Jesus was born at Christmas and then my birthday is a week later....not necessarily thinking of the years separating, but of the order of the year.

So there you have it- the earth was created and then Aunt Melanie was born.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm... where does that put Rob? Older than the earth?

Connie said...

Thanks for sharing that story with us last night. How were Samual and the baby-sitter last night when you got home?