Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Samuel and I went to vote this morning.
He sat very patiently in his stroller playing with James (the train) while I voted.
I didn't realize that Washington is going to a completely mail in system in 2009...and that currently 60% of Seattle residents use mail in. I like going to the polls to vote, I'll miss that.

But on a plus side, it did result in voting place not being busy at all this morning.

Here's a couple of pictures of Samuel celebrating voting (with his sticker that says "Farewell to Polls. I voted 2008)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so cute. Kaitlyn and Ethan didn't look nearly as happy after our three hour wait to vote. They did come up with very helpful ideas on how to get out of the mud that our car was stuck in when we were finished.

Ted said...

Helpful ideas??? I no longer have floor mats!

Way to go Samuel on voting with your Mommy! I had to wait three hours to vote. At one point, I said to the guy next to me, "Remember when we were standing nine steps back ... Good times!". At another point, I blurted out for the whole line to hear, "What are we picketing anyway??"

I would have waited six hours if I had to. It was a privilege to vote yesterday.

Rob, Melanie and Samuel said...

Wow, 3 hours- I don't think James wold have entertained Samuel for that long. Maybe I should amend my statement to, I like voting at the polls when it takes 30 min or less.
It was so much fun to go with him and explain it all- although I know he didn't understand...feels significant in it being his first presidential election. And last year about the time he came home was Guatemala's presidential election. So in his short life he has had two elections to follow!

Sorry about the mud!
melanie

Anonymous said...

yay for poll voting! I went too and there was no line! (I went at 8:50am though) CNN had two stories, one woman who waited 11 hours to vote, and another one about a woman who went into labor while she was in line! I'm glad I didn't have to worry about that!

Yay Samuel for proudly wearing your stickers!