Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Samuel's First Bump

Sunday night Samuel had his first fall that left a mark behind. He has been pulling himself up on everything. I was right there, but before I knew it he moved to grasp something less stable, did this amazing twist and went head first into the bottom of the iron stair railing. (We were downstairs, he wasn't in any danger of the stairs. Funny, my thoughts as I start typing are "will someone think I'm a bad mom....")
So yes, he chose the hardest thing in the room to test out his head strength.

He cried so hard. And cried and cried. There was a knot right away and looked like it would be a bad bruise. After about 5 min of crying he was comforted and went off to play again. He seemed himself the rest of the night- eating just fine, splashing in the bathtub, etc. If only mom could bounce back that quickly. (Fortunately my internet searches comforted me- that doesn't always happen)

Monday morning I was expecting a big bruise. But it was all gone. No swelling, no bump, no bruises. And Monday morning he was right back to standing up everywhere. I wonder if he noticed that I am a little closer by now.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At some point, with all my children (especially Joe), I worried people would think I beat them around the legs and forehead!
You can't follow them 24/7 so they are going to have tumbles and bruises. They pick themselves up and go on their way oblivious to OUR trauma!
Aunt Sue